This year's round up features mainly Instagram photos. Like many other people, the ease of Instagram has resulted in a decrease in DSLR photos for me. But to be honest, I'm ok with it. I love how easy it is to capture every day moments. For special occasions and vacations I still love using my DSLR.
My selection also includes lots of London 2012 olympics photos. It was a big thing here in the UK and I was lucky to be able to go to several events. I was completely swept up in olympic fever.
It sounds a bit naff but I think the olympics, and in particular the paralympics, changed Great Britain for the better. People's attitudes towards disability have changed. Having spent my post-university year out working in a special needs school and totally loving my job, it's something that is close to my heart. I feel I could always see the possibilites but now so many other people do too.
2012. T'was a great year : )
2. I Love You - my greyhound cross, Minty Woo, dreaming. He demands to be wrapped up in his blanket before he will fall asleep.
3. Still Laughing - Minty goes crazy when the mail comes through the letter box. We try and shut him out when it arrives otherwise he snatches it as it comes through the door and everything has teeth marks through it. One morning I came downstairs to find him sitting with my mail. So I snapped him looking guilty (with a cheeky nose-lick too)!
My Mum recently gave me a card of a dog with mail in its mouth which said "You've Got Mail. I've added Braille," which was funny not only because it's so true for Minty but also because I can Braille after using it working at a special needs school.
4. Winter Wonderland - A frosty morning in Sussex. No snow this winter as of yet.
5. Birthday - chocolate mousse cake for my birthday in December . . . Y.U.M.
6. Friends - me and one of my best friends from university. We went to the paralympic closing ceremony together. It was an amazing night - Coldplay, Rhianna and Jay-z sang. Here we are in front of the orbit in the olympic park.
7. I Was Inspired - the slogan for London 2012 was "Inspire a Generation," visible on this photo at the paralympic rowing at Eton Dorney. I truly was inspired by the whole thing but particularly by the rowing. In spring I will be joining my local rowing club here on the south coast. I'm excited to learn a new sport!
8. Spring Fever - pretty spring light.
9. Travel or Vacation - one of 2 DSLR photos - I love this shot of 2 boys playing football on the beach in Dubai. The city skyline is faintly visible in the background and I like the hot air balloon too. There was a sandstorm this day and although I added a sepia tint, the actual colours were already rather muted because of the storm.
10. Summer Days - paralympic equestrian at Greenwich Park. The weather was gorgeous and the view stretches right across London. The team GB horses were getting spooked by all the cheering so people stopped cheering and instead waved their little plastic flags when the horses came in the arena. It was almost silent except for the flutter of hundreds of flags. It was such a magical sound and magical moment, I will never forget it.
11. A Day In My Life - walking my boy round the country lanes.
12. All Smiles - my friend and I on a bus in Windsor, on the way to watch the rowing.
13. Autumn Harvest - fruit at the farm shop.
14. Family or Home - Minty toasting himself in front of the real fire.
15. Celebrate! - Fireworks at the end of the paralympic closing ceremony.
16. Let's Do It Again - I need to make more time for coffee and cake with my lovely friends in 2013.
17. I Miss You - as settled as I am in the countryside, I do miss London. This is Canary Wharf, one of the main financial districts.
18. Beautiful - I love the scenery in Sussex, England.
19. Dress Up - oh grandma, what a big nose you have!
20. Macro - my other DSLR shot. Tropical flowers in Dubai.
22. My Favourite - I probably have hundreds of shots of Minty in this pose but I really love this one. It was taken on a crisp autumn morning, it was dead quiet, we had the field all to ourselves and he was just taking in the moment, as was I.
23. Don't Ever Change - this was at the olympic stadium at the paralympic athletics. We were high up in the stands and I thought it'd be fun to get these 3 GB hats in the shot. I hope the legacy of the olympics really is lasting and that people can hold onto some of its magic.
24. Just Because . . . So There! - a cow on a hill, why not?
25. Hopes and Dreams - I hope 2013 brings great things for everyone : )